Spring is here and, in Chinese medicine, this time of year relates to the Wood Element.
The seasons are intrinsic to Five Element acupuncture, which is why I recommend a seasonal tune-up treatment.
At this time of year, we can check in on the Wood Element’s Liver and Gall Bladder meridians, and our overall balance, which can strengthen our immunity as we move forward.
So, to help smooth the transition as the Yang rises, schedule your seasonal Five Element Acupuncture treatment today.
And, in the meantime, here are 6 tips to help you work in harmony with this season.
- Stretch: Maintain tendon flexibility. Try yoga or tai chi.
- Eat green: Add in foods that spring from the ground.
- Get outside: Take in the fresh air.
- Declutter: Make room for new ideas.
- Let go: Release the past to spring forward.
- Taste sour: Include the flavour of the Wood Element in your diet.
Paul Adkins Lic.Ac., BA(Hons), FEA, MFHT, MCAUK