Autumn is here and, in Chinese medicine, this time of year relates to the Metal Element.
The seasons are intrinsic to Five Element acupuncture, which is why I recommend a seasonal tune-up treatment; liken it to servicing your car – your body and mind benefit from regular maintenance too!
Therefore, checking in on the status of the Metal Element’s Lung and Large Intestine meridians, and our overall balance, can help strengthen our immunity over the coming months.
So, to help smooth the transition as the Yang gives way to Yin, schedule your seasonal Five Element Acupuncture treatment today.
And, in the meantime, here are 6 tips to help you work in harmony with this season.
- Clear the clutter: Make space for fresh Qi to flow.
- Drink plenty: Autumn is associated with dryness.
- Release: Let go of what no longer serves you.
- Wear a scarf: Keep your neck warm, protect it from ‘wind’.
- Eat warming foods: Begin to introduce soups and stews.
- Breathe deeply: Take in the crisp, autumn air.
Paul Adkins Lic.Ac., BA(Hons), FEA, MBAcC, MCAUK